Saturday 19 May 2012

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover





Well the name's truly in the title folks, this stuff is magic!

As anyone who knows me will testify, I hate removing nail polish. It's such a messy process, it leaves a nasty smell and taste on your fingers and it's a surprisingly time consuming process. At least it was for me, so when I saw this new Bourjois product pop up on the Bloggersphere imagine my relief! This stuff promised to remove the nail polish in one second without the need for messiness or any pesky cottom buds/pads. I went to Boots really hoping to see it on the shelves but alas it had not yet been stocked. I went back about 2 weeks later and spied it on the shelves. There was just one left (obviously a popular product) and I immediately snapped it up. It retails at £4.99 which I would say was about mid-range price for nail polish removers. I can now say with confidence that it was worth every penny.

The way it works is that you twist open the lid to see a huge black sponge with a little hole in the middle. You dip your finger in, twist, pull it back out and voila! Clean Nails! I must admit, when I tried it for the first time I was a little sceptical but it really does work. I'd say the 1 second is a tad ambitious, I find that I have to do a good few twists before all the polish comes off, but it isn't that far off. Overall I'd say the whole process takes 2-3 minutes tops.

Now then, because the entire sponge is doused in the magic nail polish removery stuffy, the tops of my fingers did come out damp. "Great" I thought, "I knew that there had to be a catch," low and behold however, they dried instantly and my faith was restored. Also (I'm assumming this is because of the almond oil in the product) both my hands and nails felt really nourished and smooth. So you're not just removing your nail polish, you're also giving your nails and fingers a little pampering! Plus the smell left behind by the product is lush, the bottle says the product contains "Red fruit & vanilla fragrance". To me it's quite a sweet smell, so much nicer than the usual paint-stripper smell most removers have, the vanilla notes really come through and oh *squeal* it's just lovely!

I honestly cannot rave about this product enough! It makes the nail polish removing process so much easier and convienent. Also if you run out of time to change your nail polish before you go out (as I frequently do) it makes the process of removal and re-painting them so much easier. The only downsides to this product is that it can't really be used to make little corrections and if you have any broken skin on around your nails it can sting a little . Plus it can't really be used on toe nails. Don't let this put you off though as I can't imagine ever having to go back to the soaked cotton pad method of removal ever again. This product gets a huuuuuuge thumbs up from me!


You can buy this product from Boots



4 comments:

  1. This stuff sounds amazing! definitely purchasing some next time I go shopping! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats unique! i would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the helpful review :)
    I should definitely have a look when I'm back in England.
    It's hard to find a really really good remover. :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! It's the first review I've read that makes me want to try the product! I hate the smell of nail varnish remover usually!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete