Saturday 21 April 2012

MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara
















MAC's Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara landed on my doorstep this morning (another sneaky BuyaPowa puchase) and I couldn't wait to try it out. The main selling point of this product is that it has two seperate ends: the pink one and the purple sparkly one. (Although they use the same wand for the purpose of this review, I have decided to refer to them as the purple wand and the pink wand). The pink wand uses less mascara so that you get a more understated daytime look while the purple wand will ramp up the volume and give you a look more suitable for going out. I was worried that this would be a bit of a gimmick and in practice wouldn't work out very well however after comparing each applicator side to side it's clear that there is a difference. The "daytime" wand will only darken and slightly lengthen your lashes whilst the "nightime" wand will add both length and volume.
  p.s. if eyes make you squeemish it's best you don't look at the pictures below








Daytime/Pink wand


Nightime/Purple wand


A direct comparison: daytime on left/nightime on right


As for the actual mascara itself, it does a decent job. It's not the best mascara I have ever used but it's far from the worst. It hasn't created spider-lashes which is always a plus. Though, while I only tend to wear one coat of mascara, I did notice that the purple "nightime" wand has the potential to go clumpy, especially if layered, which could be a bit of a downside. 

Overall I wouldn't rush out immediately to buy this product however if I was in the need of a good new mascara I would definately give this one a second glance.

2 comments: